Neither of the side buildings will have nearly the detail of the main building, just because the main building is going to be the focus of the scene.
I've also started making the place look abandoned with cracks and such:
I used boolean functions for these, which means I make a separate piece of geometry that looks like a crack, then I move it into position against the building, and I subtract the crack geometry from the wall itself, leaving a crack-shaped indention behind. I'm hoping this won't give me problems while I'm texturing; boolean functions tend to leave some weird geometry behind. Normal, boring geometry is good for texturing; weird geometry is not.
Oh and I just thought I'd take this moment to say LOOK GUYS, I'M LEARNING MAYA. Like I made this building by myself. No Tutorial Guy. Of course, tutorials still definitely help. I foresee I will use them like crazy whilst texturing, because I still find texturing difficult.
Anyway, I've got some minor detail work left on the front doors, then a bit on the right building (which will hardly be seen in the camera), aaaand...then a bit of adjusting on Blackbird's position so he's easier to see in the shot. Then it's onto UV mapping which makes me want to vomit I'm really looking forward to.


No comments:
Post a Comment