Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Furnulum pani nolo

"I don't want a toaster."


I'm taking a break from the church and starting on my mode of transportation--a crashed war plane based off the Soviet MiG design. I'm actually enjoying this more than the church itself, which is weird, because I've never really cared about modes of transportation before (at least vehicular ones). Planes are pretty cool, though, and seeing as the "transportation" part of the assignment was fairly broad, I can have a bit of fun with it. Here are a couple of progress shots:





I've seen a pattern so far, both in creating the church and the plane. I'm very slow starting off, because I have this mindset of "Well frick, I've gotta make a whole plane" or "I've gotta make a whole building" and I end up starting over a lot, second-guessing myself. But once I get a base down and I can see where it's going, I get faster and much more involved with it. In this case, building the body of the plane gave me quite a bit of trouble; I wasn't sure what polygon to start off with, etc. But I think it's coming along nicely so far.


I've researched a little bit into aerodynamics, and realized it's an incredibly difficult thing to research just by jumping in with no knowledge of how planes work. I really want to know what the pointy thing at the front of the plane is called, and what it's for (no, not the nose, but the deadly needle-shaped looking thing.) If I find out before my next blog update, I'll...include it in my next blog update. Because I'm sure you legions of faithful followers are dying to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment