Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm Writing This to You From the Other Side

Do you know why I'm writing this to you from the other side? It's because Maya killed me. Remember a long time ago when I said I worried about her sneaking into my room one night and just stabbing me? Well that's what she did, and I'm dead now. There was a light at the end of the tunnel and I think someone told me to follow it, but I tripped and ended up somewhere else, help it's dark WHERE  AM I WHAT IS GOING ON HELP, THEY CAN HEAR ME, THEY'RE COMING--WDBLAARGHABNWEI3333333


Whew, sorry bout that guys, I'm back. Just kidding. Anyway, here's what I managed to accomplish before Maya literally stabbed me in the back:







Aaaaaand a drumroll please...







Funny story: while I was still texturing, I was pretty much losing it altogether, and my sister called. She asked how I was, I told her stressed out and frustrated, she said "Anything I can help with?" I said, "Nah, you have to know Maya." And she said, "Who's Maya?" I was like yeah...exactly. I appreciate her concern though :)


Moving on, here's a fun list of things I learned:


1. I hate UV mapping, and I can't believe some people do it all day every day for a living, but it's a necessary evil. WE WILL NEVER BE FRIENDS. Mark my words. I will TOLERATE texture mapping at best. But he doesn't get to sleep in my bed, ever. Maybe on the floor, sometimes.


2. Modeling buildings is much easier than, say, modeling a bike. It's a bunch of blocks with a bunch of smaller blocks on top of them. Texturing, however, is a whole new territory and I hope I'll learn to like it, because it's...sort of necessary in making things not look gray all the time.


3. Quit leaving things until the last minute. I have paid for this mistake for only my entire school career, and I have yet to learn from it. Because of this, there are still some problems with my city model, nothing too drastic, but I wished I could have done a more complete job.


Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment